BEFORE MOVING IN:
ID IS REQUIRED TO CARRY OUT A RIGHT TO RENT CHECK
- • A holding deposit: This is the equivalent of a weeks rent and will vary on each property
- • ID has to be provided in order for us to verify you are who you say you are. Further information on the documents that we can use can be found on the governments Right to Rent page.
Please note that the holding deposit is non-refundable should you not take the reserved property within an agreed time frame, fail the credit checks, or give false information.
PAYABLE ON MOVE-IN DAY:
- • One month’s rent in advance
- • Deposit to be paid is equivalent of 5 weeks rent: (Example – Rent of £650 pcm = £150 per week = £750)
- • Deposit will be registered with the TDS (Tenant Deposit Scheme)
DURING THE TENANCY:
- • Payments to change a tenancy agreement e.g. change of sharer (capped at £50 [Inc. VAT] or, if lower, any reasonable costs);
- • Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord’s loss or the agent’s reasonably incurred costs);
- • Utilities, communication services (e.g. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax;
- • Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England’s annual percentage rate);
- • Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices;
- • Contractual damages in the event of the tenant’s default of a tenancy agreement;
- • Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy;
- • Any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
AT END OF TENANCY:
- • Any damage to the property will be discussed along with proposed deductions to the deposit.
- • The deposit will be returned as per the rules and regulations set out by the TDS
Please consult our list of full terms & conditions for a more detailed explanation of fees & deposits.
Tenants guide to renting